Week of April 18th
We’re coming up on our final events of the year. Parents of seniors–I’m sure there are a lot of mixed emotions! We have a couple more events that require your help.
Jazz Cafe–Monday, April 24 at East High in the Commons. The concert starts at 7:00 PM, and we need a few people to help both before and after Click HERE to sign up! This is a very special and fun night–you won’t want to miss it! We also need some strings of white lights–if you have some that you can lend to the evening, we would appreciate it. You can sign up for a spot at the above link.
Band Concert & Awards Night–Tuesday, May 9 in the Auditorium. The concert starts at 6:00 PM. We need help both before and after the concert. Click HERE to help. This also is a fabulous evening that you won’s want to miss. It is the last performance of the year for each band, band letters and special recognition awards will be given, and the world premier of the 2016-17 of the East Band DVD will be held.
Important Note: Treats are provided by our Freshman, Sophomore, and Junior families. Freshmen–each student please bring one dozen cookies. Sophomores–each student please bring one dozen brownies. Juniors–each student please bring one dozen cupcakes.
Fundraising–It’s still happening!
Now that the trip is just a memory, our fundraising efforts will shift to get our general band fund built back up, and to help cross off some items from Mr. Thorpe’s wish list (ask him about a sousaphone!). With Mother’s Day and Graduations right around the corner, these fundraisers make great gifts, AND the band benefits from money you may already be spending!
Flower/Bulb Fundraiser: These April showers will bring May flowers–but you have to order them first! Flower Power Fundraising/Lincoln East Band Boosters is our link to receiving 50% in profit, items directly shipped to the person ordering, and 100% guaranteed products.
Scrip: Please keep ordering! We will be creating some fun incentives. Scrip is a great way to build funds for our general operating expenses AND the wish list! (See the Fundraising page at www.goband.org for details)
The Mill Coffee and Marcus Theatre tickets! Print your order forms from the website HERE, and bring them to the booster meeting on Thursday, May 4.
Gently Used Band Clothing is Needed
If your student will be graduating, or if they hit a growth spurt and outgrew their polo, shorts or shoes, please consider donating them back to the band. We offer these items for sale on our “Blue Light Special” table. Please bring your freshly laundered items to the band room by Thursday, May 4.
Band Announcements from Mr. Thorpe
- Band Letter applications may be turned in now until May 1st. Extras are available in the handbook on the website or in the office.
- There are 2 band scholarships available: 1) for Seniors –the Band Booster scholarship for those continuing to play in an ensemble in college and 2) the Band Camp scholarship for anyone participating in a summer music camp. These are due May 1st.
- Our final Concert and Awards night will be on Tuesday, May 9th at 6:00pm. Concert attire is your choice of dress clothing –not concert black.
- Drum Major tryouts are Tuesday the 18th after PLC time.
- Woodwind Choir rehearses Tuesday and Wednesday mornings in the strings room at 7:20am. If there are doublers with Prep Jazz, they should go to Prep Jazz until after Jazz Cafe.
- Color Guard and Drumline Tryouts will be May 1-5.
Jazz Café is next Monday (4/24)! Performance will be in the Commons at 7:00pm
- Performing groups (in order) are Jazz Horizons, Jazz Faction, and Blue Note Jazz Band
- Students are being asked to bring a treat or dessert to share!
- Attire is semi-formal with no skirts or leggings
- We need help from students to set up Monday after school!